#87


I was in year 7 when I first recall falling in love with reading. I don’t mean having to read some shitty ass book that you get assigned for class either. My teacher who still remains one of the best teachers I ever had recommended me to do the MS Readathon after we studied the first Harry Potter book and saw how quick I got through it, how much I was able to recall. I got this gold certificate and all for raising some of the top in the state and having read some ridiculous number of books to match.

In year 10 my English teacher would bring me books of her own for me to borrow as I read Lord Of The Flies in one session at home and was caught reading my own books instead. At least this way she got some paragraphs on what I thought about the book. I have to say, I even read one of them again in 2012 and thought slightly different about it than before.

10 years later I still am a self-confessed bookaholic who spends too much money on books and loves nothing more than escaping into the world of a good book. I’ve even found a book that does just that and remained my favourite for years. I should even go back and re-read it to see if this is still the case.

If someone was able to find me a fantastic book that I could get lost in; I would love them forever.

I’m the type of person who never leaves a book unfinished – no matter how bad it is. It may take me four times as long to get through it but I get there eventually. There is one however that comes to mind that I have never finished but let me tell you one thing. I’m coming for you.

*

When I discovered a website called goodreads, I had no idea that it would only fund my love for books so much more. I was hooked! Still am. In fact I just started my 2016 book challenge back on the 2/01/16 to read 30 books this year. Last year I was so focused on trying to organise my life I set my bar at 23 but smashed out 34! You can see the past two years and follow this years on my book challenge section of the site here.

So to start the year off I put all the books I have on my shelf that are unread into a container on pieces of paper and drew out the first 10 books out of 30 that I will tackle. Wish me luck!

#1: 
Bloodlines by Richelle Mead

#2: 
Four by Veronica Roth

#3: 
Of Street Pieman by Henry Mayhew

#4: 
Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck

#5: 
My Sisters Keeper by Jodi Picoult

#6: 
Breakfast at Tiffany by Truman Capote

#7: 
Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown

#8: 
Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens

#9: 
The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho

#10: 
The Girl with all the gifts by M.R. Carey

0 comments:

 

Instagram Photostream

Meet The Author

Roisin (Ro-Sheen) | Spencer <-- I go by either.
Welcome to my life, the moments I choose to share. I have studied Graphic Design & Fashion business in my 29 years of life. It's not uncommon to see me walking about with either a pen in hand or a camera.